The Senior Experience Designer at Modern Climate must demonstrate a portfolio of strong User Interface design concepts, prototypes, and big ideas. They must also have a firm understanding of User Experience and human-centric design as it relates to technology. Strong collaboration skills are also critical to building successful products, a you are expected work closely with a variety of project teams. We need outspoken team members who are not afraid to work directly with our clients, interpret critique/feedback, iterate designs, and revise concepts until the design solves all goals and requirements with no usability friction.
- Work across teams to develop a wide variety of digital projects, such as websites, applications, and motion graphics.
- Develop creative design solutions for limited screen real estate (mobile design)
- Develop intimate knowledge of information design, including semantic information for the web, and user interface issues such as browser / platform constraints and capabilities
- Create initial concepts, wireframes, functional design solutions, and moodboards
- Develop interactive prototypes of new websites, products, and application experiences
- Refine existing designs to enhance and optimize the experience
- Scope projects and participate in project definition phases
- Validate your decisions and push for the best user experience
- Contribute to the innovative development of the creative department
- Stay current with digital and industry trends
- Self-motivated, independent, and well versed in client presentation etiquette
- 5+ years’ experience in digital design (preferably agency work)
- Online or digital portfolio of work displaying versatile, tasteful design
- Expert problem-solving skills, especially related to solutions for digital products
- Strong grasp of site maps, wireframes, and content inventory documents
- Expert knowledge of visual design software including Sketch, Adobe XD, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Firm understanding of the latest and legacy browser capabilities, including mobile
- Ability to work as a team, with or without supervision
- Strong oral and written communication skills with both teams and clients
- Bachelor’s degree in related field of study
- Experience with non-Adobe design workflows
- Experience using Framer.js, Web Flow, Origami or Adobe After Effects to prototype and experiment interactions
- Experience with SEO principles and Google Analytics
- Familiarity with content management and eCommerce solutions such as WordPress, Drupal, Expression Engine, and Magento
- Experience Creating storyboards for outlining video, animation, and/or motion graphics
Modern Climate is a brand navigation company with locations in Minneapolis & Phoenix. Our Minneapolis headquarters is nestled in the North Loop neighborhood, while the Phoenix office is located at Galvanize, a top-ranked co-working space located in the Warehouse District in Arizona.
MC's exceptional benefits package includes health, dental, vision, FSA, life, short and long-term disability insurance, and 401K with match. We also provide unlimited PTO/Sick Pay, flexible work hours and career development reimbursement.
At MC, we value each employee’s expertise and input. We offer respect, company Apple laptops, an open warehouse work atmosphere, flexible work hours … and more.
If you are interested in this position or would like to know more, please send your questions to email@example.com.